people have visited my site! Wow ... ^.^

Me....

I'm K-li, a crazy Yorkshire lass studying in the big city ^.^ Woo London baby! If you are reading this then you probably know me anyway, but if not then... well... you probably found this place by accident and don't actually care about this!

Likes

All my friends *BIG hug*, Snow, Cats, Realxing, Iceskating, Swimming, Anime, Manga, Conventions, Countryside, Shonen-ai, Photoshop-ing, Chocolate, Reading

Hates

Hot weather, Arguments, Star Wars, The annoying frog, Certain people, Reality TV, Chavs, Hypocrites, Egotistical people, Pain, Swearing, Violence, Politics

Anime and Manga

Sailor Moon, Sukisyo, Utena, Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu, Pretear, Full Metal Alchemist, Kimi Ga Nozomou Eien, Uta Kata, Air, Cowboy Bebop, Nadesico, Noir, Girl got Game, Hana Kimi, D.N.Angel, Tsubasa Chronicles, X, XXX-holic, Cardcaptor Sakura

Films and TV shows

Bring it on, Miss Congeniality, A Knights tale, Dirty Dancing, Save the last Dance, Cruel Intentions, Cyote Ugly, She's all that, Legally Blonde, Aladdin, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Charmed, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Smallville, The 10th Kingdom, Friends, Scrubs, Will&Grace

Music

Michelle Branch, Dido, KT Tunstall, James Blunt, No Doubt, Delta Goodrem, Avril, Britney, Westlife, Blue, Christina Aguileria, Evanescence, Girls Aloud, Gwen Stefani, Stacie Orrico, Utada Hikaru, Rei Fu, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Yuki Kajiura

Archives

  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • December 2006
  • Friend's blogs

    Jo || Yihlyn || Johan || Nick || Sadegh || Saggi || Chris || Ben || Mitul || Liyang || Antony || Charlie || Keat || Adam ||

    Links

    || My Photos || My Arty Stuff || My Quiz || IC Animesoc || Otaku.co.uk || IC animesoc IRC channel || Minitokyo || Gendou's anime music || Anime Suki || The K-li quiz ^^

    Anime Fanlistings

    Non-Anime Fanlistings

    Credits

    Credit for this amazing layout go to Aethereality ... The image is from Angel Dust.
    Saturday, October 15, 2005


    Start of uni and woffle

    Well, university has officially started again and everything is slowly falling into a routine. My timetable this year is not as good as last, but I guess I will eventually get used to it.

    I have found that lately I have been thinking about the past a lot, which I don’t do often. It’s not in a bad way; just little things which I take for granted and seem normal now that used to be so different.

    For example we are all complaining about our timetables – but compare them to high-school timetables when we were in 8.45-3.30, and weren’t allowed out of grounds even at lunchtime, and free periods were mere dreams. Sure, we all complained like crazy about school, but it was accepted and the majority of student’s turned up when they should without too much of a fight. Now at university though, it is very different. We all complain about just 2 hours of lectures, and then once in there pay the smallest amount of attention that is physically possibly without falling asleep (although in many cases sleep is the preferred way to spend a lecture). I think that the change is largely due to having so much more independence when you are older; you no longer need to ask your parent’s permission to go anywhere, or be back home by a certain time. So this mind-set also expands into every aspect of life, not just the social aspect. It’s all very odd and makes me laugh when I think about how little protest I put up about going to school, yet now have to be physically dragged out of bed some days as I just can’t be bothered to go in to lectures.

    Another thing which I was laughing about was how your embarrassment about some things vanishes the older you get. I remember the days when I was so young I felt embarrassed going shopping for “girly” things such as bra’s or sanitary products, and would be mortified if a male was serving me behind the counter. Now though, I can easily walk into a shop, and ask a male shopping assistant if they have a particular bra in my size without even blushing slightly, even though it means I have to reveal my size to him! It does make me chuckle how things like that embarrass younger people, yet you suddenly get to an age where it isn’t a big deal at all!

    Anyway, back to a more random K-li-style-post. Today we had our first AnimeSoc social event, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! We went to a really nice Chinese place on Bayswater called the “Royal China”, which was rather posh but not too badly priced, then bowling. There were a large number of Fresher’s at the event, which was very cool! The few I managed to talk to properly were all really nice, and I hope I can become better friends with them. The ones who I didn’t get a change to speak to much seemed cool too, and I will hopefully get to know then more in the future! I have very high hopes for the society this year – with the large number of social events and art sessions we should be even more active than we were last year! I am really excited, and so glad I can be part of all the planning of things! Although the anime we have in the line up isn’t amazing, there is some pretty good stuff in there; unfortunately I don’t think anyone other than me will vote Sukisyo! I hope Tsubasa gets in as it is a beautiful series, but since the majority of the society are male I seriously doubt it will. Oh well we will find out on Sunday I guess!

    Right… what else have I been up to? Well Sarah was staying with us for a few weeks as she doesn’t get her house until tomorrow… *sniff* we had our last night sleeping together last night! It has been a really fun few weeks, and it will be strange having a bed to myself now… but she will only be living about 5 minutes walk away, so we will be round each other’s all the time anyway! Plus we walk into university together then sit by each other in lectures, so it’s not like I will never see her again! We got up to loads while she was here – we went to the union when Jo O’Meara (from S Club 7) was performing, which was a really entertaining night out. Although Jo only sang about 5 songs, she was really good and highly entertaining. Of course, because me and Sarah were at the front we got crushed by people pushing forwards from the back… which made it all slightly less fun, but nonetheless we still had a great time, and managed to do some slightly dirty dancing (I was so impressed, as Sarah dances like me on a night out! Hurrah!)

    We went ballroom dancing on Thursday night, which turned out to be a lot better than I expected. I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it, but I was thinking I would just feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. Instead I enjoyed myself immensely; not very many people there could actually do it, so a lot of us were just laughing and acting kind of silly and crashing into each other whilst waltzing! I think we are going to go back again, as it is relatively cheap and good fun. This of course is a good combination in the mind of the K-li!

    Right, I probably have a lot more which I have forgotten to say, but its now 2am… wait… oops. When did that happen? Bugger I need sleep… I will add more later if I remember anything else worth saying…

    Nightnight, love you all,

    ~K~

    xxxx

    Posted by K-li at 1:59 am

    _________

    Designed by Aethereality.net
    Brushes © Hybrid Genesis

    Designed by Aethereality.net