people have visited my site! Wow ... ^.^

Me....

I'm K-li, a crazy Yorkshire lass studying in the big city ^.^ Woo London baby! If you are reading this then you probably know me anyway, but if not then... well... you probably found this place by accident and don't actually care about this!

Likes

All my friends *BIG hug*, Snow, Cats, Realxing, Iceskating, Swimming, Anime, Manga, Conventions, Countryside, Shonen-ai, Photoshop-ing, Chocolate, Reading

Hates

Hot weather, Arguments, Star Wars, The annoying frog, Certain people, Reality TV, Chavs, Hypocrites, Egotistical people, Pain, Swearing, Violence, Politics

Anime and Manga

Sailor Moon, Sukisyo, Utena, Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu, Pretear, Full Metal Alchemist, Kimi Ga Nozomou Eien, Uta Kata, Air, Cowboy Bebop, Nadesico, Noir, Girl got Game, Hana Kimi, D.N.Angel, Tsubasa Chronicles, X, XXX-holic, Cardcaptor Sakura

Films and TV shows

Bring it on, Miss Congeniality, A Knights tale, Dirty Dancing, Save the last Dance, Cruel Intentions, Cyote Ugly, She's all that, Legally Blonde, Aladdin, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Charmed, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Smallville, The 10th Kingdom, Friends, Scrubs, Will&Grace

Music

Michelle Branch, Dido, KT Tunstall, James Blunt, No Doubt, Delta Goodrem, Avril, Britney, Westlife, Blue, Christina Aguileria, Evanescence, Girls Aloud, Gwen Stefani, Stacie Orrico, Utada Hikaru, Rei Fu, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Yuki Kajiura

Archives

  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • December 2006
  • Friend's blogs

    Jo || Yihlyn || Johan || Nick || Sadegh || Saggi || Chris || Ben || Mitul || Liyang || Antony || Charlie || Keat || Adam ||

    Links

    || My Photos || My Arty Stuff || My Quiz || IC Animesoc || Otaku.co.uk || IC animesoc IRC channel || Minitokyo || Gendou's anime music || Anime Suki || The K-li quiz ^^

    Anime Fanlistings

    Non-Anime Fanlistings

    Credits

    Credit for this amazing layout go to Aethereality ... The image is from Angel Dust.
    Friday, September 09, 2005


    Stupid ministers

    Article...

    Okay, I feel a bit of a rant is in order here about this article. I think I agree with the idea of applying after you have got your results - BUT I see a lot of problems and downsides too. For example, I got offered a place at IC but I needed an A in chemistry, when I had only got a low B at AS (due to doing all my revision in 2 days ^^;;) ... so I had to work damn hard to make sure I got my A and managed to get in to IC!!!! But if I had applied after, then I wouldn't have worked that hard and probably would have come out with a B, and therefore not managed to make it here. I guess people can look into it in advance, but just getting the grades isn't a guarantee that you will get a place in the university! So if I was going to apply after I would probably not have worked as hard as I wouldn't see a guarantee it would be worth it!
    I also see a problem for the universities; they won't have much time to give interviews, allocate places, and sort out all the accommodation in the space between results day (mid-August) and Uni start dates (mid-September usually) ... so how in earth are they going to manage it?! And what if people get no offers? They won't have time to go through clearing! So they will be pretty buggered, even if they managed go get really good grades.
    The one thing that really bothered me about the article though was the following sentence;
    "Higher Education Minister Bill Rammell said the move to applying after A-Levels would be fairer to students from poorer backgrounds, who are most likely to have their grades underestimated by teachers. Pupils from wealthier homes were more likely to have their A-Level grades over-predicted, he said."
    What a load of rubbish!!!! Since when do teachers think "Hmmm... I have to predict a grade here... hmmm... that student looks poor! I think they are stupid, even though they have been getting straight A's all throughout the year!" or vice-versa. Teachers predict grades based on the work which has been done throughout the year; on homework, coursework and tests, NOT on how rich or poor the student is!!!!! I don't know where on earth this stupid minister got his data from!!!
    Anyways, that's enough of my rant for now. I'm hungry so I'm going to grab something to eat =^.^=
    Love you all,
    -K-
    xxx

    Posted by K-li at 9:36 am

    _________

    Designed by Aethereality.net
    Brushes © Hybrid Genesis

    Designed by Aethereality.net