people have visited my site! Wow ... ^.^

Me....

I'm K-li, a crazy Yorkshire lass studying in the big city ^.^ Woo London baby! If you are reading this then you probably know me anyway, but if not then... well... you probably found this place by accident and don't actually care about this!

Likes

All my friends *BIG hug*, Snow, Cats, Realxing, Iceskating, Swimming, Anime, Manga, Conventions, Countryside, Shonen-ai, Photoshop-ing, Chocolate, Reading

Hates

Hot weather, Arguments, Star Wars, The annoying frog, Certain people, Reality TV, Chavs, Hypocrites, Egotistical people, Pain, Swearing, Violence, Politics

Anime and Manga

Sailor Moon, Sukisyo, Utena, Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu, Pretear, Full Metal Alchemist, Kimi Ga Nozomou Eien, Uta Kata, Air, Cowboy Bebop, Nadesico, Noir, Girl got Game, Hana Kimi, D.N.Angel, Tsubasa Chronicles, X, XXX-holic, Cardcaptor Sakura

Films and TV shows

Bring it on, Miss Congeniality, A Knights tale, Dirty Dancing, Save the last Dance, Cruel Intentions, Cyote Ugly, She's all that, Legally Blonde, Aladdin, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Charmed, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Smallville, The 10th Kingdom, Friends, Scrubs, Will&Grace

Music

Michelle Branch, Dido, KT Tunstall, James Blunt, No Doubt, Delta Goodrem, Avril, Britney, Westlife, Blue, Christina Aguileria, Evanescence, Girls Aloud, Gwen Stefani, Stacie Orrico, Utada Hikaru, Rei Fu, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Yuki Kajiura

Archives

  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • December 2006
  • Friend's blogs

    Jo || Yihlyn || Johan || Nick || Sadegh || Saggi || Chris || Ben || Mitul || Liyang || Antony || Charlie || Keat || Adam ||

    Links

    || My Photos || My Arty Stuff || My Quiz || IC Animesoc || Otaku.co.uk || IC animesoc IRC channel || Minitokyo || Gendou's anime music || Anime Suki || The K-li quiz ^^

    Anime Fanlistings

    Non-Anime Fanlistings

    Credits

    Credit for this amazing layout go to Aethereality ... The image is from Angel Dust.
    Thursday, July 14, 2005


    Bored over summer...

    Well, since I haven't posted here for a while I figured I might as well. Haven't been up to much; work are been total idiots and not calling me back even though I have called them quite a few times. Grrrr I wanna work I'm so bored. I need to wait for the Ops Manager to call me, and she seems to be useless! I have never met her, since she started after I left for uni, so she might be okay but she certainly doesn't seem to know how to use a phone! So I have been trying as best I can to fill my time. Been sleeping until mid-day, then getting up and watching various TV shows - large amounts of Charmed, Buffy and Will&Grace have been keeping me entertained, but there is only so much TV a girl can take without going insane! So for the last few days Harry has been keeping me entertained - gotta love Harry! Well, since the new one is out of Saturday (hurrah!), and I remember very little about the last one, I figured re-reading it before I read the next one is a good plan! I had forgotten how much I loved Fred and George ^_^ They are awesome - it's a shame they have now left Hogwarts and subsequently will probably not feature as much in the next book. Although I have heard it is going to be smaller - that is a real shame, but the last one will most likely be HUGE. Which is exciting, but sad at the same time! I have also been going out, but not a huge amount since most of my friends are working full time, on holiday or live too far away for me to visit them often. But I have done a few things - me and Adele went to Cannon Hall (which is an open farm) where we both had goats trying to eat us, and saw lots of super cute animals, including a chicken that looked like an Indian but sounded like a guinea pig, and a chicken with an afro. Then we walked a mile up a hill in the rain in the middle of nowhere. Don't ask... hehe. Also went to see batman, which was VERY cool and defiantly worth seeing. Hmmm.. not done a huge amount more. Me, Holly and Kirst went to pizza hutt which was nice, went out for lunch with Emma and Holly (wow Emma's ring is pretty - her and Paul are perfect together.) ... also went for a night out with Adele and between us we managed to pull 7 men (and by 'pull' I mean had them come up and try to dance with/chat us up). And most were under 40!!!!!! ... such a shock! ... and one was even quite cute!! ... why did we say no?!... why ... WHY!?. Went swimming today with Kirstie, and yesterday we went shopping and I bought a photo album which is now full of all my favourite pictures of all my friends ^_^ … I love it so much and am currently decorating it to make it more personalised!

    Anyway, on a much more sombre note the London Terrorist attacks have really shaken me up and they are so scary. I don't know why people do things like that- surely attacking civilians isn't going to achieve anything other than a very large amount of hatred towards them!? And it just shows how evil some people are, and they just have no morals. The fact that some of those responsible were just young is really scary, and also the fact they didn’t come from very far from me is odd. My heart goes out to all those who got caught up in the events, and to their family and friends. I also hope they are able to identify the remaining bodies quickly, so their families can finally put them to rest and begin the mourning process properly. I'm grateful that none of my friend's or family were involved and, although the death toll is awful, I'm glad it wasn't any higher.

    On another sad note, which most people won't be affected by but I was and want to write about it here, my cat died the other day. He had been missing for 2 days, and we were worried as he had been in a really bad mood on Saturday night. On Monday night me and my mum went looking for him, and found him lying in the park across the road from us. When I got close to him he tried to run away, but only got about a foot before collapsing again. So we took him to the vets straight away, as he was really ill and to make it worse he had been out in the sun for 2 days (and it is really, REALLY hot up here) so he was very badly dehydrated. When we got to the vets, he examined him and said he had a blocked bladder which he seemed to have had for a while, which meant that his bloodstream will have been filled with toxins, and they didn’t know the extent of the damage. So they drained his bladder, so at least he wasn’t in any pain, and put him on drip to help with his dehydration. The plan was to assess the internal damage in the morning, but he didn’t make it through the night. They called us Tuesday morning and told us he hadn't made it through the night. It is so sad, as I loved him to bits and he was a lovely cat, and we have had him since I was about 10 so he had always been there in my most recent memories. So I'm feeling really sad about it, as he was a member of the family not just a pet.
    There isn't much more to say so I'm going now. Love you all.

    -K-

    xxx

    Posted by K-li at 4:38 pm

    _________

    Designed by Aethereality.net
    Brushes © Hybrid Genesis

    Designed by Aethereality.net